The Potter’s House Christian Academy is committed to providing a school environment that promotes the total child as it relates to children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. Therefore, it is the policy of PHCA that:
- The school will engage students, parents, teachers, food service professionals, health professionals, and other interested community members in developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing our school-wide nutrition and physical activity policies.
- All students in grades K-12 will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis.
- Foods and beverages sold or served at school will meet the nutrition recommendations of the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Qualified child nutrition professionals will provide students with access to a variety of affordable, nutritious, and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students and will provide clean, safe, and pleasant settings and adequate time for students to eat.
- Our school will participate in available federal school meal programs such as the National School Lunch Program (including breakfast and after-school snacks).
- PHCA will provide nutrition education and physical education to foster lifelong habits of healthy eating and physical activity, and will establish linkages between health education and school meal programs, and with related community services.
To read The PHCA Wellness Policy in its entirety, click the link below to download it.